There is a long road since in 1934 Le Corbusier, the legendary Architect, designed this remarkable standard of the Mid Century Modern furniture. But as it happens with all the classics, the LC5 sofa bed stands by itself today, practically without noticeable changes, as a tangible proof of quality, vision and good taste.
A classic icon from the golden age of Mid Century Modern furniture, its versatility will bring you much more than a regular sofa.
A symbol of practicality and comfort, the LC5 sofa is one of the most versatile pieces of furniture. Its discreet, but classy figure can be adapted from the most formal presentation to the most fun and relaxed. Let’s take a look:
- At the center of the living room. With its iconic style and sober colors, the LC5 presides in your living room as the best sofa. An armless -3 seat- sofa bed, it benefits when you complement it with end tables and colorful chairs. You can play a lot with cushions to give it the warm tone you consider better.
- Guests and daybed. What is even more comfortable than your beloved bed?. Well, you got it. Its elegant but solid stainless steel body and its soft leather will give you a pleasant sleep, by only a few adjustments in its back seats. Its simple mechanism provides you a quick solution, and it’s unnecessary to move every chair, lamp or other furniture in your living room when you open it. So it won’t take extra time at night, before going to sleep, or the next morning when you rush to work.
Versatility and practicality in a very resistant body of stainless steel and comfortable leather.
- Your Sunday morning relaxing spot. Due to its classic design and standard size (about 80” W), the LC5 Sofa Bed suits easily in almost any room, without overloading it. Way to the balcony, if there is any, a LC5 Sofa Bed transforms the spot in a little sunny place to snuggle, read the morning news and start to enjoy your Sunday while you decide what to do with the rest of the day, without leaving your room.
- Let’s have a good chat. Back to the living room. It’s your house like the Central Perk of your group and relatives? Is your living room filled with people on weekdays and weekends too? Well, a good way to solve the problem when people start to use your beloved end tables as chairs (and you feel reasonably uncomfortable with this), is to use two LC5 Sofa Beds, in front of the other. Again, the simplicity and elegance of the design allow to locate two in the same room without swallowing your space. This way you get the most of your room while your gang is happy and comfortable (and you are happy with the wellbeing of your furniture too).
Just spinning its back seats, you open your bed, or you can play with its design, using cushions, or pillows.
- Friday night – potato chips family meetings. Versatility is one of the words that suit like a glove for a LC5 Sofa Bed. In your TV room or entertainment center, there is no need to overcrowd the place with chairs or rugs. If mom, kiddie and dad want to enjoy a movie together, you can just open your sofa just to watch your movie. And the durable quality of its soft leather and steady frame will throw your worries away about spills, or samples of food. Easy to clean and maintain, you can relax and enjoy, and quickly return your room to its normal state.
Black and white are its most demanded colors, although there are spaces for other tones, basically in the brown, leather area. Available in Manhattan Home Design
It’s very well known the statement of its creator, Le Corbusier: “Chairs are architecture, sofas are bourgeois”. Maybe this criticism made the genial designer very aware of the need for furniture far away from exotic materials and expensive fabrics and obtaining this designing achievement.
With its iconic stainless steel frame and sober leather seats, the LC5 Sofa Bed stands above the rest of design furniture, as an endurable piece, not surviving but fitting in every trend due to its beauty, versatility, and practicality. If you want to buy a LC5 Sofa, you can find it at an affordable price in Manhattan Home Design.